There are two methods to importing large numbers of users in Cerberus FTP. The first method, and more user friendly of the two, is importing with a CSV file. The second method requires using Web Services to complete a more automated user mass import.
Method 1: Using CSV Files
1. Access the User Import section by clicking the import button on the Users page of the User Manager.
2. A User Import box will appear allowing you to bulk import users using a common CSV file. Select the CSV file you want to import and click the 'Commit' button at the bottom of the box. We recommend exporting your existing users in CSV so you have a template of the latest CSV format.
3. Use the folder button to locate the CSV file you wish to import. Once the CSV file is selected, a preview of the data will appear in the box below. If satisfied with the preview, click the Commit button at the bottom of the box to populate the users into User Manager.
For more details, refer to this help document:
To export users using a CSV file, follow the steps below:
1. In the User Manager section "Users", click on the "CSV Export" button.
2. Save the CSV file to a folder.
Method 2: Using Web Services Control
Programmers can access most of Cerberus FTP Server’s common functions through a Web Services interface. These services use SOAP 1.2 over HTTP or HTTPS to programmatically access many of Cerberus FTP Server's functions, including adding and removing users and group accounts.
Detailed information about using the SOAP API, as well as examples, can be found by clicking on the link below: