Web administration and SOAP access no longer share the same protocol and port for access.
Previous releases of Cerberus FTP Server used the same HTTP/S engine to provide web administration and SOAP API access.
In version 9.0 we switched web administration to the custom HTTPS engine we’ve been using for years for our HTTPS web client. The new HTTPS engine is fast, flexible, and secure.
SOAP remote administration runs on the same port and in the same way that it always has. Nothing has changed for SOAP access.
Web administration will simply require adding a new HTTPS Admin or HTTP Admin listener on any IP and port you wish to enable web administration on again. It will have to be on a different port than SOAP access now.
To add a new HTTPS web admin listener:
- Open the Server Manager.
- Select the Interfaces page.
- Press the plus button to add a new listener. The Add New Listener dialog will appear.
- Select the IP address you want the web administration listener to be on.
- Select either HTTPS Admin or HTTP Admin as the listener type to add a new listener on the selected IP address using either HTTPS or HTTP.
- Press the Add button to add the new listener.
- Press the Save button on the Server Manager to save the new addition and activate the listener.