About the Web Client
Available in Cerberus FTP Server Enterprise edition, the HTTP/S web client capability allows any user with access to a common web browser to easily connect to the server to perform file operations (uploading, downloading, deleting, renaming, creating directories, and zipping and unzipping files and directories) using a desktop or mobile web browser.
You can also grant users the ability to generate a public link to any file, and email that link to someone from directly within the web client.
Administrators can also configure the server to allow or require users to authenticate using two factor authentication when connecting using the web client. We currently support HOTP-compliant one-time password applications, as well as direct integration with DUO Security.
Cerberus FTP Server Web Client on a Desktop Browser
Additional Web Client features include:
- Two Factor Authentication using either HOTP-compliant one-time password application like Google Authenticator, or direct integration with DUO Security
- Fully tested against IE 9.0+, the latest version of Firefox, Chrome, and Safari
- No file size limitations and can efficiently handle file uploads and downloads of any size
- Simultaneous file upload, and upload drag and drop support in Firefox, Safari, Chrome, and IE 10+
- Confirmation dialogs for file deleting, zipping and unzipping
- Web-based with no software or plugins to install for end users
- Allow users to request new accounts through the web
- Allow users to reset forgotten passwords using email link requests combined with security questions
- Configurable anti-bot security using reCAPTCHA for logins and account requests.
- Generate and email a public file link (with optional password protection) from within the web client
- Custom Theme support using the popular Bootstrap 3 framework
- Desktop and mobile Browser Optimized