Administrators can use the statistics and reporting feature to generate detailed reports of client activity based on user names, dates ranges, and file access.
Generating a Report
Administrators can use the statistics and reporting features in Cerberus FTP Server Enterprise edition to generate detailed reports of client activity based on usernames, dates ranges, and file access. In addition to client activity, the administrator can also generate native account reports indicating account creation and last login dates.
Reports are displayed in tables in the Report Manager, but each report also has a button to export the report data as a CSV file.
NOTE: Using Report Manager requires that a reporting database has been configured.
An administrator can generate three types of reports:
- Login Sessions
- File Access
- User Account Status
- Admin Activities
File Access Reports
File access reporting can be filtered by file name, date and time, and username. The file reports contain important information about a file transfer, including:
- The full local path of the file
- The type of file operation performed on the file (upload, download, rename, delete, copy)
- The user that accessed the file
- The IP address the user accessed the file from
- The date and time the access occurred
- The protocol used to access the file (FTP, FTPS, SSH SFTP, HTTP, or HTTPS)
- The type of encryption used, if any, to perform the file operation
The administrator can also use the Include feature to decide what type of file activity to include in the report (downloads, uploads, file renames/moves, public file shares, etc.).
User Account Status Reports
The user account status report provides a report on all native Cerberus user accounts. The report will outline account status, group membership, and virtual directory permissions.
Admin Audit Reports
The admin audit report provides a list of server activities for web administration users.