The quickest way to change everyone's root directory at once is a simple find/replace on the actual users and groups XML settings files.
- Exit the Cerberus desktop admin UI by going to the File menu and selecting Exit.
- Stop the Cerberus FTP Server Windows Service. You can stop the Cerberus service by going to the Services control panel in Windows (go to the Control Panel and select Administrative Tools), selecting the service named Cerberus FTP Server, and then selecting the Stop option for the service. This step is important or your changes will not be detected by the server, and will get overwritten the next time the service is restarted.
- Edit the users_3.0.xml file and change everyone's root drive or directory with a find/replace. The file is in: C:\ProgramData\Cerberus LLC\Cerberus FTP Server\users_3.0.xml. Note, the version number on the file may be different depending on your version of Cerberus FTP Server. When multiple versioned files are present, use the highest version numbered file.
- Edit the groups_3.0.xml file and change everyone's root drive or directory with a find/replace. The file is in: C:\ProgramData\Cerberus LLC\Cerberus FTP Server\groups_3.0.xml
- Start the Cerberus FTP Server Windows Service up again from the Services control panel.
That's it. Note the C:\ProgramData file path above is usually hidden by default. Substitute C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data for C:\ProgramData on Windows 2003 R2 and older operating systems.