The Cerberus FTP Server web client can be accessed by adding an HTTP or HTTPS listener to Cerberus FTP Server’s listener list. You can add a new HTTP/S listener from the Interfaces page of the Server Manager.
To add a new HTTP or HTTPS listener:
- Open the Server Manager
- Select the Interfaces page
- Select the button next to the interface list box to add a new interface. The “Add New Listener” dialog box will appear to ask for the interface details (interface IP, type, and port combination)
- Select the IP address that you want to listen for connections on
- Select the interface type (HTTP or HTTPS for web client access)
- Enter the port you wish to listen on. Cerberus will automatically pre-populate the port with the default port for the type of listener you are adding
- Press the Add button to add the listener
- The listener should now be added to the Interfaces list. Press Save to close the Server Manager and save your changes.
Redirecting HTTP connections to HTTPS
To be able to accept and redirect HTTP connections to secure HTTPS connections you will need to add both an HTTP listener and an HTTPS listener, on the IP address you are interested in using. Once you’ve added the HTTP listener, there is an option on the listener options page to Redirect to HTTPS. Select that option and the HTTP listener will just issue redirect requests for all traffic to the HTTPS version of the page (and to the HTTPS listener you’ve added).