This document outlines the scope and limitations of support for Cerberus FTP Server.
Cerberus provides email and phone support services for customers with a current support agreement.
Ongoing product or technical support after one year requires an annual service renewal. Please refer to our licensing page for more information.
As long as you have a current service agreement, Cerberus will provide guidance and troubleshooting to you in connection with questions and issues arising from the installation, configuration, and use of Cerberus FTP Server; bug fixes and issue resolution; and access to Major and Minor Releases (as defined below) of the software.
- Major Releases: means generally commercially available major new releases, modifications or enhancements as designated by a change in the number to the left of the decimal in the version number.
- Minor Releases/Patches: means generally commercially available code corrections, patches, updates and minor version release as designated by a change in the number to the right of the decimal in the version number.
- Installation and Upgrades: Support for installations or upgrades include providing guidance and troubleshooting in connection with Customers downloading and installing or updating the Software.
- Configuration Issues: Support for configuration includes troubleshooting Customer’s configuration settings for existing installations on approved platforms to ensure proper operation and connectivity.
- Basic Product Functionality Questions: The Cerberus Application Support team will help answer your “how-to” questions related to standard and intended product usage.
Hours of Support
Our support hours are Monday through Friday, 9 am to 5 pm EST, excluding Holidays.
Versions of Supported Products Covered by Cerberus Support
Supported Versions: Cerberus will provide product and technical support only for the versions specified on our Life Cycle Fact Sheet. Changes to supported versions will be announced in advance through notifications sent by email (if you are signed up for our mailing list) and as posted on our website.
End of Life: Cerberus will keep an up-to-date list of supported versions and End-of-Life schedules on the Cerberus Support site:
Platforms Supported: Cerberus supports the use of our products only on the platforms (hardware and Operating Systems) specified on the Minimum System Requirements page. Cerberus will maintain a list of these platform requirements, on the Cerberus Support site:
What Support Excludes
The following are excluded from the scope of the Cerberus Support coverage:
- Cerberus Software that is used on or in conjunction with hardware or software other than that specified in the applicable documentation
- Virus Infections
- System/Server administration activities
- 3rd Party Applications not provided by Cerberus
- Altered or modified Cerberus Software, unless altered or modified by Cerberus or as defined in the User Guide or Knowledge Base
- Defects in the Cerberus Software due to hardware malfunction, abuse or improper use
- Any version of the Cerberus Software for which Support services have been discontinued
- Cerberus, as documented in the Cerberus End of Life Policy Cerberus Support, excludes training, customization, integration and any issues arising from non-standard usage of the Software