Feature Request GuidelinesPinned Featured
No one knows Cerberus better than you, our users.
This guide is here to help you understand how we handle feature requests and what to expect when submitting a feature request to Cerberus.
How We Decide On New Features
Our mission is to provide businesses of all sizes with a reliable, secure file transfer solution that just works. Deciding on new features is no easy task for us. Here is some insight into how we make these decisions:
- We review customer communication via our community page and incoming emails to our support and pre-sales teams.
- We review customer feedback from our annual feedback survey to discuss among the team what features our customers would like to see.
- We have an internal system that we use to track all feature requests. We review and discuss what features are important based on several factors.
- Members of the various teams within Cerberus meet regularly to discuss the overall direction of Cerberus and what features will help move us in the right direction for an improved product.
Submitting A Feature Request
If you have a feature you would love to have in Cerberus we would be happy to hear it! Our preferred method is using the feature request section in our community. Here are some helpful tips when submitting a feature request.
Before submitting a request, do a quick search of the forum. There could be a good chance someone else has already made a suggestion similar to yours. Doing this helps us keep the board clear of duplicate requests.
Vote! Help bring requests to our attention. See a post or comment you like or agree with? Hit that up arrow!
What is helpful when submitting a request?
The most helpful features requests are the ones that give as many details as possible. The more detail the better for when our team reviews the request. To make your requests more effective, please provide as much context/background information as possible. It would help if you can try to also answer the following questions.
- What is the problem that this feature would fix?
- Why is it a problem?
- Is there a workaround you currently have for this problem?
- Do you have a suggestion on how you would like to see the problem fixed?
- How big is the problem? Who is affected by this problem (End Users, Admins, etc.)?
If your post or comment doesn’t receive a response, don’t worry, we’ve seen it! We read all requests and feedback received. For some requests, one of our team members may reach out to ask some follow-up questions for further clarification. We consider several factors when considering feature requests, including:
- Product goals - requests are aligned with our long-term vision.
- Demand - are there other customers who requested or would benefit from similar functionality?
- Level of effort - Availability of our team and resources.
- Risk - Are there any potential security risks this new feature might introduce?
Some requests will not align with our goals and unfortunately, we will not be able to work on them. For the ones that do, our teams will work internally to decide when to work on and release a feature.
While we do appreciate your requests, submissions do not make any guarantee that your request will make it into a future edition of Cerberus. This forum is simply for sharing your challenges and to learn how you use Cerberus, but it is not a case/resolution system.
If you have a support ticket open for your feature request. The support team will close out the support ticket as Solved even if the underlying issue is not resolved. This helps us better track requests internally between support and development. If we have updates or require further information we will contact you.
Many of the best parts of Cerberus started as ideas from our user community, and we're very grateful for each one. We encourage you to continue providing feedback.
Thank you for trusting Cerberus with your file sharing needs!
Post is closed for comments.